Thursday, June 4, 2009

Where do i belong?

There was this one day when i was taking my routine 8pm walk with my good buddy and he pointed out how education wasn't mostly about the technical nuances but it was primarily about 'growing up' and learning how to handle situations.I kinda really seem to like the line that "College is a demo of life";-) ... I am not really sure how much of the money my dad invested in amrita has converted into my technical proficiency, but one thing for sure.I have changed.I have learned.And i am only gonna grow for good. My list of deeds is definitely not a clean sheet and i guess i'll have to silently accept the fact that i have done things which has disappointed ppl.It has always been a problem for me. Gosh its so hard to balance "living-my-life-the-way-i-wanna-philosophy" against "do-what-people-around-you-want-you-to-do-philosophy".. And being right in the middle makes me feel uncomfortable.. U knw.. I don understand to which school of thought i belong to...

I had a good conversation with a wise uncle about this and he told me that throughout ur life you'll continue to be uncomfortable about this! He told me that he wanted to live his life one way but his commitments to the family,society and the department for which he worked, often failed him... Is it possible to strike a balance between the two and still achieve the results you yearned for? Uncle just shrugged:-).. I personally feel a lot of people around me are facing this problem of being stranded in a place unable to achieve either means. May be the most ideal to thing to do would be to just keep one philosophy close to your heart and live life that way. Something for all of us to figure out:-)